You must have seen that whenever we watch a commercial on T.V of a branded costlier watch ,Car, Mobile or anything which is a matter of our interest . In a matter of seconds we associate ourselves with that advertisement and imagine and presume that if we get that “object” we will also feel “Royal” . For a moment we forget that we really need that object or not ? We think that if a person has costly things he must be rich and if he does not have costlier things he must be poor person . We assume that if a person is speaking good he must be a public speaker , a lawyer , a politician or anything good but good. If a person is bad behavior then he must be a criminal type person or anything worst you can think of.
Now lets take a pause and think what is it we doing?
we are simply judging others. From the start of the day till you go to bed , just concentrate on what you are thinking when you talk to other people, when you buy something, when you watch an advertisement , when you are simply with yourself.
“you are just comparing and judging”
One more example :- Suppose you recently watched a movie in which there was villain which you hated very much because of bad behavior and now you have an image of him that he was bad and pretending if you were a hero you would have almost killed him . Now in real life you go to some place such as party or place where you met an unknown person who has resemblance with “that” villain. What image you will get of him ? Its simple you would think that he looks like that villain and his character too would be like him and i just hate him . This is what our mental situation is. We think so much about others and waste a lot of energy while judging and comparing other.
Similarly you saw a girl and according to you she was a normal girl but as soon as she won a Miss Universe title she appeared glamorous and most sexiest to you but now you could not get her because she has different agenda in her life than you . What you do , you immediately think that any girl who look just like her could be your girlfriend. Earlier she was normal looking girl and you had no interest in her. In this way we can see that how we compare and judge people by their looks and achievements.
What If We Don’t Judge and Compare?
There are many benefits of “Not comparing and Judging”
- We can take correct decisions if we simply do not judge people because of we have already made an image of other people in our mind. For example , you are about to meet an unknown person from whom you might get some benefit because of their knowledge and expertization and you meet this person but you judge him by the place he lives and clothes he wears and you get agitated that you do not want advise from such people because you are of high standard community . In that case , because of your ability to prejudge people you lost a great benefit.
- You save a lot of mental energy . When you are not prejudging people you have saved a tonnes of energy for doing useful and creative work. Only thing you have to do just let it go as it is without giving a thought of it . Because more you judge and compare yourself with others you lose your ability to think correctly .
- Judging and comparing lowers down your self esteem . How? When you compare yourself with other people . You immediately put yourself down . Just remember that you are incomparable . You are unique . There can be no one like you. What you have to do is to recognize you greatest ability. Don’t compare yourself with others even if they are lower than you because they must be having “their” unique abilities which you do not have.
- If you want to win other people then the greatest tip is “DON’T PREJUDGE AND COMPARE”. Yes, this is successful advise for anyone who wants to win the hearts of people or anyone whom you love because the moment you prejudged them they will start thinking according to what you think and then they will compare and prejudge then definitely this would not be a good step for healthy relationship . Give enough time to know each other but do not prejudge and compare and pass remarks that they are like that or this ,even if you do not intend to build any relationship in future with them otherwise this would create wrong impression of you.
- If you want to feel mentally healthy and want to create room for creative thoughts then do not make a habit of judging people. Judging others kills your creativity . Watch your thoughts and make a note of it that how many times you indulged yourself in judging others.
Concluding this topic if you apply this art of “not judging and comparing people” you could feel miles of difference in your lifestyle .